At Dunn Lambert, LLC, our estate litigation attorney represents clients in disputes over the disposition of an estate's assets after the owner has died. We also become involved in trust and estate litigation when undue influence is used to change the terms of a document while the owner is still living.
We pursue and defend litigation involving:
- Will contests: Were you unfairly cut out of a will, or do others contend that they were?
- Competency disputes: Was the person who made the will competent at the time he or she made changes to it? Or, is someone trying to get you declared incompetent in order to gain power over your estate?
- Powers of attorney: Was the person granted power of attorney truly acting in the best interest of the estate's owner? Or were there problems such as overspending or transferring money into his or her own bank account?
- Gift disputes: Was a pre-death transfer of an asset really a gift, or an example of undue influence?
- Breach of fiduciary duty: Did the trustee or executor engage in fraud, theft or financial abuse?
Estate litigation issues often turn on points such as undue influence, competency and the possible reasons for being cut out of a will. We will thoroughly analyze your case and give you our best legal opinion about its strengths and weaknesses. We will also give you the information you need to make a sound judgment on whether the benefits of litigation outweigh the potential costs.
Many of our estate litigation cases involve business assets. When the future ownership or viability of a business depends on the results of an estate or trust dispute, it can make sense to pursue litigation.
As in all areas of litigation practice, we continually seek a just settlement outside of court, while preparing to take the dispute to trial.
Contact Our Paramus Will Content Attorneys
If you are seeking an estate litigation attorney in New Jersey or New York, please contact us to arrange a consultation about your case.