Richard J. Lambert
Richard J. Lambert
- Business & Commercial Law
- Business Organizations
- Banking & Finance Law
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Divestitures
- Employment Law -- Employer
- Employment Law -- Employee
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
RICHARD J. LAMBERT is a founding partner in the law firm of Dunn Lambert, L.L.C. in Paramus, New Jersey. Mr. Lambert founded the firm in July of 1998 in order to cater to the legal needs of small to mid-sized businesses, their owners and executives.
Mr. Lambert was born in White Plains, New York, on May 4, 1953. He attended Fordham University, where he received his B.A. in Communication Arts, and Fordham University School of Law, where he received his Juris Doctor degree in 1979.
Mr. Lambert is a business lawyer who serves as outside general counsel to a wide range of businesses, including many small to middle-market companies and start-up businesses, in a variety of industries. In his role as outside general counsel, Mr.Lambert provides counsel on the broad range of legal subjects affecting business, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and financings; antitrust and distribution law; banking and commercial finance; employment law; contracts; trademarks; and the negotiated resolution of business disputes.
The clients of Dunn Lambert, L.L.C. are located primarily in New Jersey and New York, but the firm does maintain general counsel relationships with clients in other states in the United States and in Europe.
Mr. Lambert was most recently a partner in the Corporate Law Department of Norris, McLaughlin & Marcus in Somerville, New Jersey.
Before joining Norris, McLaughlin & Marcus in January, 1993, Mr. Lambert was a partner (1990-1993) in the firm of Weiner Lesniak, Roseland, New Jersey. Mr. Lambert headed the Financial Transactions Division of the firm's Corporate Law Department, with responsibility for managing the firm's relationships with banks and other financial institutions.
Prior to joining Weiner Lesniak, Mr. Lambert was an associate (1982-1985) and partner (1985-1990) in the firm of Gutkin, Miller, Shapiro & Selesner in Millburn, New Jersey. Mr. Lambert was Co-Chair of the firm's Corporate Law Department.
Mr. Lambert commenced his career as an associate (1979-1982) in the firm of Arthur, Dry & Kalish, New York, New York. While at Arthur, Dry & Kalish, Mr. Lambert specialized in corporate and business law, as well as litigation, including antitrust, complex commercial and product liability litigation in state and federal courts.
Mr. Lambert has served as Chairman of the Corporate Law Section of the Essex County Bar Association. He is a frequent writer and speaker on business law subjects.
Mr. Lambert is a member of the bars of New Jersey and New York, and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for New Jersey and the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Mr. Lambert is a former Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Foundation for Free Enterprise (www.fffe.org).
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1979
- Honors: Dean's List
- Fordham University, New York, New York
- Bachelor of Arts - 1973
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Communication Arts
- New York, 1980
- New Jersey, 1980
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1980
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1982
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1982
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Essex County Bar Association Corporate Law Committee, Chairperson, 1989 to 1990
- American Bar Association, Member, 1979
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member, 1979
- "Joint Ventures: Strategic Alliances", Commerce Magazine, July, 1986
- "Joint Ventures: Negotiating Pitfalls and Opportunities", Commerce Magazine, August, 1986
- "Setting Prices: Introduction to Robinson - Patman Price Discrimination", Commerce Magazine, October, 1986
- "Marketing and Distribution Law: How to Avoid Litigation and Use the Law as a Management Tool", Commerce Magazine, December, 1986
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees - Foundation for Free Enterprise, 2004 to 2006
- Chairman of the Advisory Board to the Village School for Children, Inc, 1988 to 1989
- Wyckoff Recreation Dept.: Coach of Boys Soccer, Baseball & Basketball, 1990 to 1999
Classes & Seminars
- Developed and Moderated, "Negotiating Mergers and Acquisitions of Privately - Held Companies" Dec. 1990, New Jersey ICLE Seminar,
- "Legal Aspects of Starting and Running a Small Business," Annual Workshop Presentations/Small Business Development Center, Kean College, 1990
- "How to Maximize the Value of Your Business and Exit on Your Own Terms", The Geneva Companies, 11/01/1994 to 11/01/1994
- "Selling a Business for the Most Profit": Jointly Sponsored with Rutgers University and The Geneva Companies, May 1, 1996, August 15, 1997, August 14, 2001, August 16, 2001, August 23, 2001, February 28, 2002, March 12, 2002, March 13, 2002
- "Selling Your Business for the Most Profit, How... When... and Why", Jointly Sponsored with U.S. Chamber of Commerce and The Geneva Companies, 03/13/1997 to 03/13/1997
- "Legal Aspects of Buying a Business" Workshop Presentations for the New Jersey Small Business Development Center, Kean College, 1995 to 1995
- Speaker, "Employment Law Issues for Data Processing Professionals", Data Processing Management Association, 1990 to 1990
- Speaker, "Wrongful Discharge and Other Current Employment Law Issues", National Association of Accountants, Morris-Essex Chapter, 1990 to 1990
- Speaker, "Employment Contracts and Restrictive Covenants" Seminar Presentation, Employment Law Council, 1990 to 1990
- Speaker, "The Impact of Environmental Law on Commercial Lending" Seminar Presentation, First Fidelity Bank, 1990 to 1990
- Speaker, "Employment Law: Current Issues", Matawan-Aberdeen Chamber of Commerce, 1990 to 1990
- Speaker, "Wrongful Discharge", Jersey Shore Association of Human Resources, 1991 to 1991
- Speaker, "Seventy Cents Does Not Equal a Dollar - The Earnings Gap", Business and Professional Women Association, Berkeley Hgts. Chap., 1991 to 1991
- Speaker, "Negotiation", New Jersey Association of Women Business Owners, Middlesex Chap., 1991 to 1991
- Speaker, "Legal Liability of Consulting Chemists", Association of Consulting Chemists and Chemical Engineers, 1991 to 1991
- Speaker, "What It's Worth: Valuing Your Business" Seminar Presentation, New Jersey Association of Women Business Owners, 1991 to 1991
- Speaker, "Legal Liability Concerns of Mechanical Engineers", American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Management Chapter, 1991 to 1991
- Speaker, "Effect of 1986 Tax Reform Act on Entrepreneurs and Venture Capitalists", Venture Association of New Jersey, 1986 to 1986
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Norris, McLaughlin & Marcus, Partner, 1993 to 1998
- Weiner Lesniak, Partner, 1990 to 1993
- Gutkin, Miller, Shapiro & Selesner, Associate then Partner, 1982 to 1989
- Arthur, Dry & Kalish, Associate, 1979 to 1982