Business Law Professionals
Complimentary Guide For Business Owners Who Choose To Partner
Our free e-book, The Business Divorce Institute, From Prevention to Finalization, is a comprehensive guide to business partnerships. Our attorney and communications expert advise you on the entire process of starting, growing and ending a business partnership.
This free downloadable e-book gives you access to 33 pages of actionable guidance including case studies. You’ll come away with these benefits:
- How to save money, time and stress at all stages of your partnership
- How to protect yourself and your family
- How to use a healthy partnership to empower business growth
- How you can get out of a seemingly hopeless business partnership
- The details of forming, growing or breaking up a business partnership
“I really liked The Real World Scenarios. The titles were catchy and the succinct details of each case brought the whole book to life.” – Larry, Utilities Industry
“The flow chart on page 7 totally sets the stage for the book’s premise and purpose. Information of this type is very much needed within the small business community, as many entrepreneurs have little knowledge of these topics. The combination of communication, legal, and business organizational strategies is unique and creative, as well as enhances the readability of the book. Kudos to you and Richard for producing such a worthwhile publication!” – Sallie Mullins Thompson, CPA/PFS, CFP
This e-book will benefit:
- Entrepreneurs wondering if taking on a business partner is a wise move
- Business owners whose partnership is falling apart
- Partners wondering whether to stay or to go in their business venture
- Anyone who feels trapped in a difficult situation and other attorneys have not been able to help
- A business partner who wants to maximize the partnership for business growth
- A spouse of a business partner who is impacted by problems inside the business partnership
- Children or grandchildren of a business partner wondering about business transition issues and the future
- Advisers with business owner clients such as CPAs, financial planners, investors, divorce attorneys, bankers, estate and trust attorneys, business valuation experts, intellectual property attorneys, CFOs, insurance professionals, therapists, teachers of business courses, business coaches/consultants and business attorneys
What Specifically Will You Learn In Our E-Book?
In our experience business partners are either seeking to form a partnership, seeking strategies to use to make their partnership work to grow the business or seeking to break up the partnership. Our e-book addresses all three areas. Review the section below that most clearly meets your needs.
Seeking To Form A Business Partnership?
- Common partnership benefits and risks you may face now and in the future
- Asking yourself if you need a partner(s)
- Determining who is a good fit with 16 simple questions to ask possible partners
- What to include in legal partnership formation agreements
- Protecting yourself and your best interests from the start
- Effective alternatives to equity sharing
“This book provides invaluable insight and guidance on the importance of properly setting up a partnership. Oftentimes, we get so excited about starting a business, that we overlook the importance of selecting the right partner/s. Having the right partner can sometimes make or break the business and potentially taking it to the next level. This is a book that should not be overlooked when looking to establish a partnership for anyone starting a business.” – David Hom, Restaurant Owner
Seeking To Empower Your Business Growth With A Healthy Partnership?
- How to optimize your partnership for business growth
- How to conduct an annual partnership review
- What to do if you’re in a partnership with no partnership agreement
- Communication tools you can use to prevent and handle conflict
- Life happens, how to adapt your partnership
- Keeping your partnership agreement relevant
“This book is long overdue. There isn’t anything quite like it, as it tackles the complex issues in an easily understandable, yet thorough way. Understanding the human dynamics, along with the business pragmatics makes for compelling reading. I highly recommend it to professionals, business owners and entrepreneurs in-the-making.” – Bruce D. Stout, President, The Rainmakers Forum
Seeking To Break Up Your Partnership?
- What are the criteria for making the decision to break up
- Five ways to end a partnership
- How to handle a business partner who is not willing to split up
- Careful consideration if litigation is the next step for your situation
- Legal recourse for minority partners
- What to expect if you proceed with a business divorce
“The e-book’s takeaway is: Think very carefully before choosing a business partner, including whether you even need one. If things are going right and there is no written agreement, avoid future misunderstandings and conflict by putting one in place. If things are going wrong, get professional help to repair. If things have gone past the point of repair, legal recourse is available.” – Ray, Software Company
Interested? We Are Ready To Assist.
If you have questions about your business partnership, we can help you find the answers. Contact Dunn Lambert, LLC, at our Paramus, New Jersey or New York City locations today.