New Jersey Family Business Succession Planning Lawyers
Rockland County Family Businesses Lawyer
Succession planning is essential in order to ensure that you leave your business in the right hands. Would you like your family business to continue when you retire or pass away? Who should manage the business? How would you like to transfer ownership? How can you minimize tax liability? These are only some of the questions that you should consider when planning the succession of your business.
However, family business succession is not all about business. It is also about family. At Dunn Lambert, LLC, our Newark succession planning lawyers are tuned into the needs of closely held business owners and the sensitive family dynamics that play a role in family business succession. The issues involved in multi-generational transfers are challenging. We can help you through these challenges while minimizing conflict.
Contact our succession planning lawyers in Paramus, New Jersey, for direct business advice on ways to protect your business, today and tomorrow.
Building an Effective Exit Strategy
The moment a business opens its doors is the moment to think about exit strategies. Even if you are long past that moment, now is the time to build a strong business succession plan. We take a multidisciplinary approach to succession planning, including:
- Helping you evaluate your options for succession, including determining management and ownership interests
- Facilitating the discussion with family members, including representing your interests in any disputes that may arise
- Preparing business formation documents, business contracts, buy/sell agreements and estate planning documents to ensure proper transfer of your business
- Discussing tax implications and minimizing tax liability
- Minimizing or preventing individual liability for business debts
Listening to You, Understanding Your Goals
As business lawyers who only practice in business law, we know business. We also know that every business is unique and we firmly believe that our client’s goals should guide our representation. We will take the time to listen to you and get to know your business so that we can help you develop an effective business succession plan.